Dr. H.S. Elmanharawy
Clinical Director and Principal Implant Surgeon
Registered Specialist Oral Surgeon
GDC Reg No. 70288
FGDP(UK) Member Register
Dr Elmanharawy qualified with a BDS in 1986 and embarked on his specialist surgical training in Oral Surgery in 1987. He was awarded his LDS RCPS from the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow in 1994 and the Masters degree in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery from London University in 1994. He was accredited by the General Dental Council as a Specialist in Oral Surgery in 1996 ( GDC Number: 70288),
Dr Elmanharawy commenced his training in Implant Dentistry and placed his first implant in 1996. In 2006 Dr Elmanharawy completed his three years formal training in Implant Dentistry at the Royal College of Surgeons of England and was awarded the prestigious college implant diploma (Dip Imp Dent, RCS (Eng.) and the Advanced Certificate in Dental Implantology from the same faculty. Within less than a year from achieving the Royal college diploma award, he was able to complete and present his thesis on Immediate Implant placement to London University, and gain his second Masters Degree in Implant Dentistry (Lond.).
In 2004, Dr Elmanharawy completed three years higher diploma course in postgraduate Dental Studies at Bristol University (Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Periodontology.) He was awarded the degree in 2004.
In recognition of his experience in delivering the highest standards of general as well as implant dentistry he was awarded the Fellowship in Dental Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Fellowship in General Dental Practice the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Dr Elmanharawy is the principal Implant Surgeon and the clinical director at the Cottage Implant Clinic where he revolutionised the practice over the past few years to become a state-of –the-art implant dedicated referral centre. Supported by a very experienced and qualified team, the Clinic takes on referrals from complex implant and surgical reconstructive treatments from other dental practices in Wiltshire and other parts of England. He is also a referral implant surgeon for Ankylos implant system and previously worked as a consultant in Oral Surgery at the Care UK NHS Hospital group.
Dr Elmanharawy lecturers nationally and internationally on implant dentistry, and mentors other dentists on placing and restoring dental implants. Dr Elmanharawy is a regional mentor for the Association of Dental Implantology (UK) and a visiting lecturer on many implant courses in the UK.
Dr Elmanharaway holds the following professional qualifications:
- LDS RCPS (Liscenciate in Dental Surgery) , The Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow.
- FDS RCS (Edin) : Fellowship in Dental Surgery , The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- FFGDP RCS(Eng.) :Fellowship in General Dental Practice, The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Dip Imp Dent RCS(Eng) :Diploma in Implant Dentistry , The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Advanced Certificate in Implant Dentistry , The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- DPDS (Brist.) Diploma of postgraduate Dental Studies , Bristol University : (Periodontics, Prosthodontics, Conscious Sedation)
- MSc (Lond.) : Master of Science In Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery , London University
- MSc (lond) : Master of Science in Implant Dentistry, London University
Dr .Elmanharawy is a member of the following professional organisations:
- British General Dental Council
- British Association of Oral Surgeon (UK)
- Association of Dental Implantology (UK)
- Faculty of the General Dental Practice, the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Faculty of Dental Surgery , Royal College of surgeons of England
- European Association of Osseointegration
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (USA)
Click here to read Dr. Elmanharawy’s recent publication